- Download the appropriate application(s) / form(s) using the links below.
- Submit completed application(s) to email@example.com or fax to 980-556-7803. (Note: If applying to the Association and Canopy MLS, please submit both applications together.)
- A staff member will contact you to discuss the applicable fees and required orientation(s) after your application(s) have been received. Applications are processed in the order in which they are received.
Detailed Association & MLS Membership category explanations can be found here.
Questions prior to applying: Contact Member Services by email or call 704-940-3110.
- Realtor® Membership Application: This form is applicable for individuals applying for membership with Canopy Realtor® Association with an active real estate and/or appraisal license.
- To avoid delays in processing your application, please include a copy of your real estate license Activation Form or appraisal license.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are a current or former member of another Association, paid current year annual Realtor® dues, requesting (1) to change “Primary” membership or (2) to join as additional / “Secondary” member with Canopy, you MUST submit a Letter of Good Standing from your current/previous Association with your Realtor® application.
- Affiliate Membership Application: This form is applicable for individuals applying for membership with Canopy Realtor® Association that does not have an active real estate and/or appraisal license but has a professional interest in the real estate industry (e.g., mortgage brokers, real estate attorneys, home inspectors, etc.). (Note: Affiliate members do not access Canopy MLS; however, certain Affiliate members are allowed to utilize a Supra eKEY. See Supra eKEY Forms below for additional information.)
- Non-Member Application: This form is applicable for individuals who will not join Canopy Realtor® Association as a Realtor® but who work for a Realtor® Broker-in-Charge. This individual may subscribe to the MLS and MUST have an active real estate license.
Canopy MLS Bylaws and Rules and Regulations require Association membership to subscribe. If you are a member with another Realtor® Association, please request a Letter of Good Standing from your Association to submit with your MLS application.
- Canopy MLS Subscriber Application: This form is applicable for licensees affiliated with a Canopy MLS real estate or appraisal member firm, under the supervision of a Member Participant. (Note: this form requires the signature of the firm’s Member Participant under the Member Participant Authorization for Subscriber area of the “Firm Information” section.
- Canopy MLS Member Participant Application: This form is applicable for the head of a company (BIC or certified appraiser). Submit this application to establish a new firm with Canopy MLS or to replace an existing Member Participant.
- MLS Unlicensed Assistant Form: This form is applicable for administrative assistants/office administrators working for a member firm who do not hold an active real estate and/or appraisal license.
- Canopy MLS Waiver Request: This form is applicable for a licensee affiliated with an MLS member firm but is not actively engaged in regular brokerage. (Note: Canopy MLS rules require all licensees affiliated with a member firm to subscribe unless they meet at least one of the criteria of the Waiver in order to “opt-out” of the MLS.)
- Team Request Form: This form is applicable for real estate licensees that work as a “team” under an MLS Member Firm, requesting to establish a team ID that will reflect all team members. This form requires the signature of the firms Member Participant (head of firm). Please refer to the Teams and Assistants policy for further information.
Supra and Other Applications/Forms
- Supra eKey Sub-License Agreement: This form is applicable for an MLS subscriber to utilize the Supra eKEY (smartphone app). Note: The Supra eKEY is also available to Board of Directors approved affiliate members (home inspector, radon inspector, pest inspector, structural engineer, etc.) with Canopy Realtor® Association or another association where Canopy MLS is the primary MLS. Affiliate members must also complete and submit the Supra Affiliate Key Application.
- Canopy Key Cooperation Agreement: This form is applicable for subscribers that have a Supra key with an Association/MLS which Canopy MLS has a Cooperating Agreement. For additional information, please see the Cooperating Keys section below.
- Transfer Request Form: This form is for existing members transferring between member firms.
Applicants are required to complete an Association and/or MLS new member orientation. Application and payment must be received and processed by staff before you will be scheduled for orientation.
The online Canopy Realtor® Association New Member Orientation/Realtor® Code of Ethics and Canopy MLS GET STARTED orientations are provided in partnership with Real Time Learn.
The Association orientation must be completed within 30 days of date application is processed. Only after completing this orientation will a new applicant receive full Realtor® membership approval.
The MLS GET STARTED orientation must be completed within 30 days of date application is processed. MLS and Supra Key (if applicable) access is granted the day of application processing; however, access will be inactivated should the new applicant not complete the orientation within this 30 day requirement.
Dues and Fees
Fee schedules for new Canopy Realtor® Association and Canopy MLS applicants are provided below.
Canopy is “paperless” for recurring Fees & Dues billings. Notices are sent via email stating the next annual dues or quarterly invoice(s) have been posted to your online account. With this, please be sure to always have a current email address on record with us.
Please refer to our Invoicing Schedule for Association, MLS and/or Supra Key Billing and Due dates.
For more information about fees or dues, contact Member Services at 704-940-3110.
Canopy Realtor® Association Dues
Fees/Dues for new primary Realtor® and Designated Realtor® members are shown below. The below totals include the $250 one-time joining fee plus the annual Realtor® dues, prorated based on month application is processed.
For a detailed breakdown of the dues, or for fees/dues amounts for secondary membership, affiliates or non-members, please see the complete Canopy Realtor® Association New Member Dues Schedule.
NC Realtors® and NAR dues are NOT deductible as charitable contributions for Federal income tax purposes. Such payments, however, may be deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense. For a breakdown, please see the NCR & NAR Non-Deductible Portion of Dues.
Canopy MLS Fees
New Member Participants (MP) requesting to establish a new member firm pay a one-time firm initiation fee of $600 and $75 per month ($225 quarterly
New Subscribers (SUB) pay a one-time initiation fee of $250 and $55 per month ($165 quarterly).
New MLS Assistants (AST) pay a one-time initiation fee of $25 and $10 per month ($30 quarterly).
MLS Fees are billed on a quarterly basis and upfront costs are based on the orientation class date. View the prorated fee schedule here.
Supra is the official Canopy MLS electronic lockbox system with the Supra eKEY (smartphone app) available to real estate and appraiser licensees that subscribe to Canopy MLS.
A $30 Key Fee is billed on a quarterly basis with the upfront cost based on the date of key activation. View the fee schedule here.
To begin utilizing the Supra eKEY, please submit the Supra eKey Sub-License Agreement
The Supra eKEY is also available to Board of Directors approved affiliate members (home inspector, radon inspector, pest inspector, structural engineer, etc.) with Canopy Realtor® Association or another association where Canopy MLS is the primary MLS.
If you are a Canopy MLS Key holder or if you have a cooperating key with Canopy MLS and you have a listing in the Canopy MLS system with an electronic lockbox, you must install a Canopy MLS-approved electronic lockbox or combination lockbox on that listing. More than one lockbox may be used. Learn more.
For Supra Keyholders from Cooperating Realtor® Associations
Canopy Realtor® Association / Canopy MLS hold Supra Key cooperating agreements with various Associations/MLS’s that also utilize the Supra electronic lockbox system.
These agreements allow Canopy MLS Supra key holders to access Supra iBoxes in the service areas covered by these specific Associations/MLSs. These agreements also allow Supra key holders from the listed Associations/MLSs to access iBoxes in the Canopy MLS service area.
Please click on the link for our current list of Supra key cooperating Associations and contact information.
One-time activation fees may apply.
Canopy MLS key holders:
To cooperate your Canopy MLS Supra key with one of the listed Association(s)/MLSs, please contact that Association/MLS directly at the number provided.
Key holders: from one of the listed Association/MLSs:
To cooperate your Supra Key with Canopy MLS, please complete and submit the Canopy Key Cooperation Agreement.
Be advised that signing the form does not provide for unilateral cooperation and compensation between real estate brokers. Cooperation and compensation can be obtained only by participation in the MLS for that specific market area, and/or by contacting individual brokers to make arrangements. Further, please note that showing real estate in a state other than the state(s) in which you are licensed is a violation of law.