The Habitat Support Program provides monetary support to area Habitat for Humanity organizations within the scope of the areas served by Canopy MLS.
In the formal 13-year history of the program, a total of $230,500 in grants has been distributed to Habitat for Humanity organizations.
Unsolicited requests for funding through this program will not be accepted.
2019 Habitat for Humanity funding recipients
$23,000 was awarded to eight Habitat for Humanity organizations in 2019.
- $2,500 to assist with insulating a home in Concord.
- Realtor® referral: Leigh Brown, RE/MAX Executive
- $3,000 to assist a homeowner within the Critical Home Repair Program by addressing repairs associated with accessibility enhancements to the bathroom at a home in Charlotte.
- Realtor® referral: Lawrence Mahool, Helen Adams Realty
- $3,000 to purchase laminate flooring for a Habitat home in Gastonia.
- Realtor® referral: Tanya Knutson, Allen Tate
- $3,000 to assist with the purchase of vinyl siding for a newly built Habitat home in Lincolnton.
- Realtor® referral: Sherry Haigh, Sellstate Premier
- $3,000 to assist with the cost of the siding for a property in Matthews.
- Realtor® referral: Wendy Noonan, ProStead Realty
- $2,500 to assist with the construction of a new Habitat home in Huntersville.
- Realtor® referral: Tammie Blake, RE/MAX Executive
- $3,000 for disposal of debris and vinyl repair on a property in Albemarle.
- Realtor® referral: Amy Preslar, Russ Hollins Century 21
- $3,000 to purchase seven Energy Star rated windows and two exterior doors for a new construction home build in Monroe.
- Realtor® referral: Russell Wing, RE/MAX Executive
The Habitat Support Program is a Canopy Housing Foundation initiative.