The Habitat Support Program provides monetary support to area Habitat for Humanity organizations within the scope of the areas served by Carolina Multiple Listing Services, Inc. (CarolinaMLS).
In the formal 10-year history of the program, a total of $165,000 in grants have been distributed to Habitat for Humanity organizations.
Unsolicited requests for funding through this program will not be accepted.
2016 Habitat for Humanity funding recipients
$18,500 was awarded to seven Habitat for Humanity organizations in 2016.
- $2,250 to assist with completion and construction of a “Tiny House 2” project
- $3,500 to support the cost of critical repairs for one family home beginning in fall of 2016
- $2,500 to build a shed for a new homeowner to house a lawnmower and tools; this will assist with maintenance and upkeep for the home and provide secure storage
- $2,500 to support the renovation of an existing house that will provide lodging for AmeriCorps volunteers; work will be conducted by the AmeriCorps volunteers themselves in fall of 2016
- $2,250 to purchase doors and windows for a new home build on Psalms Street in Cornelius
- $2,500 to purchase materials such as sheetrock, moldings, baseboards and supplies for a specific home build
- $3,000 to purchase materials for the completion of three new Habitat homes in Marshville, NC
The Habitat Support Program is a Housing Opportunity Foundation initiative.